Go Back Dark Age Wars Forums > Down to Business > Anything Goes
Reload this Page
Game becoming un-playable
:
:

Old 05-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Game becoming un-playable

With the rebel camps having so few resources lately, this game is fast becoming tedious, un-interesting and un-playable.
The whole concept of the game is based on resources and being able to loot rebel camps in order to build up your city/cities and yet resources are constantly in very short supply. Rebel camps do not appear to get replenished.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Mal, admin is aware of the issues on BOTH Betas. They are working hard to sort it out. As soon as they have info to share regarding the fixes, they will. But they are not ignoring it or sitting back doing nothing. It's been rough on all of us playing on both betas. Just a little more patience while they sort and fix it.
“Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe” ~Arya Stark, GoT
Old 05-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Appreciate the reply and feedback. Just hoping it's fixed for us all sooner rather than later as the problem with replenishing rebel resources seems to have been dragging on for quite some time now.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Squire (Level 1)

LOL! Me too, Mal! Me too! By the time we get res on Beta 1 again, I'll have my res building upgraded to max! LOL! Hang in there, they ARE working on it. And we just got the game back online, so... One thing at a time.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:20 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Will this game ever work properly?

I'm sure I read somewhere fairly recently that the current Beta 1 is possibly the last Beta and the game will run (non-Beta) in September.
I've done beta testing on several games including closed beta testing (beta testing not open to the general public), most recently Anno Online for Blue Byte (now in open beta) and from what I can see this game is nowhere near finished beta testing there are still too many bugs. Instead of implementing possible fixes to these bugs so that further beta testing can be carried out particularly on the "fixes". The bugs appear to go ignored for days and weeks on end.
What is more there is very little "feedback" to the beta testers (the game players) infact any feedback is minimal and sporadic. You only need to look through this forum to see how many feedback posts, questions etc. have been replied to by players (beta testers) rather than "management".
Old 06-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Things we are working on:
1. Fixing the troop regeneration and resource regeneration with Rebels. For some reason our script that runs hourly to power this is taking too long to run, or not starting exactly when it should. This is due to our recent server move and we should have a fix soon.

The above was emailed to players 3 weeks ago and we've heard nothing about a fix for the regeneration of resources since. Needless to say the resources available from raiding rebels is so low it's hardly worth the effort.
Some 400+ players have also joined the game in the past 3 weeks, many of them are inactive, thereby reducing available resources/rebel camps even more.
I've been playing this game for several months now and this beta (Beta 1) has to have more bugs than any others. Bugs which go weeks without any sign of a fix.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:26 AM
Squire (Level 1)

All known issues ARE being worked on, Mal. But some things have to have a higher priority than resource regen on Beta 1, like ensuring the server doesn't go down again. Simply put, server goes down, they CAN'T fix the rest. Rebel troops regen on Beta 2 seems to be sorted now. And the number notification on the BR scroll is working again. And I just got word from a Beta 1 player that resources seem to be regenning on their own in the northern part of the map. So be patient, they ARE working on things as quickly as they can.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:29 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Update: Res is regenning on its own on Beta 1 now.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalypso View Post
Update: Res is regenning on its own on Beta 1 now.
If resources are regenerating on their own then it must be very slowly and not meeting demand. Since the "manual" regeneration a couple of days ago I've kept an eye on resource availability and can only say their availability is far less today than it was yesterday. And I would guess in a day or two resource availability will be as low as it was just prior to the manual regeneration.

Therefore IMO resource regeneration is not working as well as it was prior to the server move and therefore is not fixed.

Last edited by Mal; 06-06-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:26 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Keep in mind, Mal, we have several players who strip-mine cities to nothing. So it's not surprising to me that they've jumped on anything and everything and pretty much killed it. But yes, res is regenning at the rate it used to. Just got some greedy ones out there that are terrified someone else might get some res too. Have watched it happen around my own cities, too.