Search:
:
:

Old 02-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Declining Interest

Hello all. I've noticed a trend over the past two weeks that a fair amount of players are loosing interest in the game and pretty much just stop playing. I also look at the number of players in beta 2 and wonder why beta 1 has yet to start coming close to these numbers. I have a number of my own ideas why. These are based both on my own experiences and discussions with other players before they stop playing. I hesitate to say anything on this subject because of the response I expect. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, I'm not going to go off on some long winded tirade about what just I feel is wrong with the game and what I find frustrating etc. etc. What I'm hoping for is some other players to share their opinions.

Last edited by superfletch; 02-05-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Peasant (Level 1)

the reason is theres to many bugs and most of them arnt reported because there being exploited and when some one goes to report a bug that the bigger players are exploiting they are threatend and attacked for it so it scares the other players in to not reporting the bugs that and when most of the bugs that are being reported arnt fixed and stay on here like the unattackable kingdom bug wich has been around since u had to take all the citys around the capitle to take the capitle all they have to do to fix that bug is make it so when u take a kingdom the kingdom atomatkly becomes ur capitle and when u have more than one kingodom u can choose wich to make ur capitle

un verdadeiro rei da morte T duine nach bhfuil cram aimsir s ag mar n maraodh поклоняется ни Бога, ни дьявола toda obouje tudi ivljenje in smrt 地球と自然との友人である og veit hva a satt tilgang lfinu er hvis u kanne oversette wat dette er og enig i det og legge det i signaturen din
Old 02-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Peasant

Actually, I think the bigger players and those that have been around a few Betas are doing their best to inform of the bugs, not taking advantage of them. Maybe the intention is to implement them in future Betas, but perhaps making a change now could only further improve overall game play, fine tuning along the way. One incentive may be that if changes are made, more users will be more likely to spend coin....but, what do I know, I'm not a programmer...
Old 02-07-2010, 02:50 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default re: losing interest

Sort of getting the same feeling. Bugs are one thing yet not the only part about the game that can cause a player to lose interest, there's also a point where managing many cities takes lots and lots of clicks...making the game feel monotonous.

Maybe i should put this in the features request list, but it would be nice to have a tool that automates a lot of the current actions such as re-building armies to max out the 2000 food limit, upgrading buildings, multiple trades with the same player, sending units from multiple cities to one city.

...right now, I'm finding it somewhat tiresome to micro-manage multiple cities. None of this is a problem for a new player with less than say 10 cities. But having over 50 cities takes a lot of work, which could literally keep me busy all day every day. Creating a tool for those that want less immersion with the many cities would be a nice feature. This way we can spend less time clicking around on cities for upgrades/building units and more time strategizing what we want to do with our armies.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Squire (Level 1)

yes, I've often thought that it would be nice to be able to cue up multiple units to train in the same building. however, I could see serious problems with that considering the bugs that we already know about regarding captures, training, and walls. However, I do wholeheartedly agree that resource management and unit production are tedious and at times overwhelming. I think eventually you learn to not even try to micromanage but develop strategies to "macromanage"

I think I also agree with king to a point but no longer believe that players are intentionally secretive and malicious in that way. It just takes a lot of time to explain things to players and that can be tedious as well. I remember being very frustrated by learning that the manual encouraged me to build units that were just plain ineffective. If I weren't so stubborn, that may have caused me to conclude that this game just wasn't worth my time. I think overall that when players start to realize what does and doesn't work, there's a point where they either accept it and play on or conclude that the game is "busted" and not worth their time. Hopefully either the unit balance will be altered or the manual/faq will be updated to reflect the reality of the game.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Squire (Level 1)

I was referring to micro management more as a term that had to do with upgrading buildings in each city.

But as far as building units, yes, it makes sense just to train 1 unit at a time in a building, but i was thinking that there should be a way that we can tell some tool to fill up our food cap with creating X amount of units of certain types. For example lets say i want 200 units of rc, 7 royal heirs and 10 trebuchet units....we could fill out a form with this information, then it would make a queue that would build those units based on cities with the appropriate buildings and resources. If the resources weren't available they could just sit waiting in queue. Also it would be awesome to edit the queue, similar to how a person can prioritize movies from Netflix. Good idea?
Old 02-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default server 2

What happen to server 2 that had over 4000 players. I had three cities there and now I can not even log on anymore. This make the second time I have had to start over from scratch that is no fun.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:03 AM
Peasant (Level 1)

the one problem with ques is that u set it and then u dont have to get on for a while wich would mean ur not playing and all that clicking is a sortof deterant for ppl getting to big but if u want to complain about the clicking i have a suggestion we go back all the way to the beggining and see if u like the clicking then

un verdadeiro rei da morte T duine nach bhfuil cram aimsir s ag mar n maraodh поклоняется ни Бога, ни дьявола toda obouje tudi ivljenje in smrt 地球と自然との友人である og veit hva a satt tilgang lfinu er hvis u kanne oversette wat dette er og enig i det og legge det i signaturen din
Old 02-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Good point, we don't want everything automated so that a player doesn't play the game.... so maybe a player can unlock the advanced queue ability after achieving 5 or 10 cities. This way you still get enjoyment out of building cities and armies when you are smaller, yet still have fun when you are bigger by spending less time on mass-clicking and more playing time on attacking npcs/players, training royal heirs, and expansion.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Peasant

Hi Ownamus,

Thank you for raising your issues. It's true that there is a decline in player retention as you say. Currently we are working on a: fixing game design flaws, b. adding more content and fixing bugs.

As the Beta we have been watching player activity and response and have noticed various trends and issues. With that said we are working on getting up a new version of the game in the next few weeks. We are working on the most core features to push for the next launch and then will work on working some of the other things in as we move forward with the game.

We feel confident the game will hold together a lot better in terms of content, player retention and overall fun factor with the next push.

Thanks!